Are you bored with the look of your home? Feel like it’s time for a change? A little home remodeling can go a long way in making your house feel like new again. Check out these latest trends to see how you can take your home to the next level. Whether you’re looking to update your kitchen, add some new features outside, or just make minor changes here and there, these trends will give you plenty of inspiration! Start your dream home today! Get started on your dream home today!
Increasing home value with remodelingValue is always a top priority for many homeowners. If you’re planning to put your home on the market in the near future, it’s important to be aware of the latest trends so you can make the most of your investment. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Go green: One of the hottest trends in home remodeling is energy-efficient features. Not only will this save you money on your utility bills, but it will also appeal to eco-conscious buyers. Consider solar panels, low-flow fixtures, and insulation upgrades to make your home more energy-efficient.
- Add storage: Another popular trend is increasing storage space. Homebuyers are looking for homes that have plenty of room to grow, so extra storage is always a selling point. If you’re remodeling your kitchen, consider adding an island with built-in storage or converting an unused closet into a pantry.
- Update your finishes: Finishes are one of the first things buyers notice, so it’s important to keep them up-to-date. If your home still has old countertops, appliances, or fixtures, now is the time to replace them with modern alternatives. This will give your home an instant facelift and make it more appealing to potential buyers.
- Create an outdoor oasis: Outdoor living spaces are becoming more and more popular, so if you have the space, why not create your own? Add a patio or deck, and make sure to include plenty of seating, lighting, and storage. This will give you a great place to relax or entertain guests all year long.
- Go for neutral colors: When it comes to paint colors and finishes, stick with neutrals. Bright colors may be your personal preference, but they can be a turn-off for potential buyers. Stick with classic white walls or warm earth tones to make your home more marketable.
- Installing new flooring: Whether it’s hardwood, tile, or laminate – it’s a great way to give your home a fresh look. You can also try painting or staining your existing floors for a different look.
- Adding an extra room: If you have the space, adding an extra room is a great way to increase the value of your home. You can convert an unused attic or basement into extra living space, or build an addition to your home. This will give you more square footage to sell, and potential buyers will love the extra room.
The importance of planning and design in a successful remodelPlanning and design are crucial elements of any successful home remodeling project. Without a plan, it’s easy to get caught up in the details and forget about the big picture. And without a good design, your remodel may not turn out the way you envisioned it. The first step is to sit down and figure out what you want to accomplish with your remodel. Do you want to increase the value of your home? Improve its appearance? Make it more energy-efficient? Once you know what your goals are, you can start planning how to achieve them. If you’re not sure where to start, there are plenty of resources available to help you with the design process. You can hire an architect or designer, or you can use one of the many home design software programs on the market. Whichever route you choose, make sure you take the time to plan and design your remodel carefully. Otherwise, you may end up with a project that doesn’t meet your needs or expectations.
How to start your home remodelNow that you know what’s involved in a successful home remodel, it’s time to get started.
- Define the scope of your project: The first step in any home remodeling project is to define the scope of the work you want done. This will help you determine the size and scale of the project, as well as the budget you’ll need to complete it. It’s important to be realistic about what you can accomplish given your budget and timeline. If you’re not sure where to start, we can help you develop a plan that fits your needs and budget.
- Choose a contractor: Once you’ve defined the scope of your project, it’s time to choose a contractor. Be sure to do your research and select a contractor who is experienced and reputable. You should also get quotes from multiple contractors before making a final decision.
- Set a budget: After you’ve chosen a contractor, it’s time to set a budget for your project. Be sure to include the cost of materials, labor, and permits in your budget. You should also set aside money for unexpected expenses.
- Choose materials: One of the most important aspects of any home remodeling project is choosing the right materials. Be sure to select materials that are durable and fit your style preferences. If you’re not sure where to start, we can help you select the perfect materials for your project.
- Get started: Once you’ve planned everything out, it’s time to get started on your home remodeling project! Be sure to communicate your vision with your contractor, and don’t hesitate to ask for help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. With a little planning and effort, you’ll be able to transform your home into the space you’ve always wanted.
Tips for staying on budget during a remodelWhile it’s true that remodeling your home can be costly, you can still achieve those beautiful results without breaking the bank. There are a few ways for homeowners like yourself to get their dream home on a budget, here are a few tips:
- Plan ahead: The best way to save money is to plan your remodel in advance. This will give you time to shop around for deals on materials and labor.
- Do it yourself: If you’re handy, there are plenty of projects you can do yourself to save money. Just make sure you know what you’re doing before taking on any major projects!
- Shop around: Don’t be afraid to compare shops for materials and labor. You may be able to find better deals than your contractor if you take the time to look around.
- Get creative: There are plenty of ways to get the look you want without breaking the bank. Get creative with your design and see what you can do with what you have.
Common mistakes during a remodel and how to avoid themOne of the biggest mistakes homeowners make during a remodel is not being realistic about their budget. It’s important to have a clear idea of how much you can afford to spend before you start any work. Otherwise, you may end up overspending and get into debt. Another mistake is not doing enough research before starting the project. This can lead to poor planning and design, which can result in a subpar finished product. Make sure you know what you want before you begin any work. Finally, another common mistake is biting off more than you can chew. Trying to do too much at once can be overwhelming and cause delays in the project. It’s better to focus on one area at a time and do it right than to try to do too much and end up with a mess.
Home remodeling trends for 2022Historically, home remodeling trends have been inspired by renovations on television shows like HGTV’s “Fixer Upper.” However, in recent years there has been a shift towards more sustainable and eco-friendly practices. Keep in mind that these are just predictions – your home may not follow all of these trends! But if you’re looking to update your space in the near future here’s some inspiration.
- Kitchen remodels: Kitchen remodels are always popular, and 2022 is no different. Texture plays a big part of the upcoming trends for 2022, so consider using different materials like faux brick walls, grasscloth, or natural wood textures to name a few. By maximizing the use of different textures in the built environment, you add a fifth dimension to the whole experience and it brings a certain richness to how space affects your home.
- Bathroom remodels: Just like kitchens, bathrooms are another popular area to remodel. If you’re planning a bathroom remodel, consider adding new fixtures, flooring, and tile. You can also try re-painting your existing bathroom cabinets using some of the most popular color trends in 2022: Blues and Greens that feel calm and serene, or White, Gray, Sage, and Beige that feels fresh, crisp, and don’t alter the light too much.
- Energy-efficient upgrades: Homeowners are becoming more interested in energy-efficient upgrades that will save money in the long run. If you’re looking for ways to make your home more energy-efficient, consider adding solar panels, energy-efficient appliances, and insulation.
- Outdoor living spaces: Homeowners are also increasingly interested in creating outdoor living spaces. If you have the space, consider adding a deck, patio, or pergola. You can also add landscaping features like plants and flowers to create a beautiful and inviting outdoor space.
- Whole-house remodels: If you’re looking for a complete makeover, consider a whole-house remodel. This type of project includes everything from kitchen and bathroom remodels to energy-efficient upgrades and outdoor living spaces. While it’s certainly a large undertaking, a whole-house remodel can completely transform your home.
- Open concept kitchens and living spaces: The trend towards open concept kitchens and living spaces is predicted to continue in 2022. If you’re planning a kitchen or living room remodel, consider opening up the space to create a more inclusive and inviting feel.
- Minimalist designs: If you’re looking for a more simplified and sleek design, consider a minimalist approach. This can be achieved through the use of clean lines, neutral colors, and simple furniture and decor.
How to choose the right contractor for your projectWhen you’re ready to start your remodeling project, it’s important to choose the right contractor. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re looking for a contractor:
- Get recommendations: Start by asking friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations. You can also check online review sites like Angie’s List and Yelp.
- Check credentials: Once you have a few contractors in mind, make sure to check their credentials. They should be licensed and insured. You can also ask to see examples of their previous work.
- Get quotes: Be sure to get quotes from multiple contractors before making a final decision. Make sure to compare apples to apples – some contractors may charge more for higher quality materials or labor.
- Communicate your vision: Be sure to communicate your vision for the project with your contractor. This will help them understand your expectations and ensure that they’re on the same page.